- The medication comes in the form of a soft-gelatin capsule. It is usually taken once a day in the morning.
- It is best to take it on an empty stomach, 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast.
- Try to take your dosage at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- Do not chew, crush, or dissolve the capsules. They must be swallowed whole.
- Your healthcare provider will adjust your dose based on certain blood tests. Make sure to tell your healthcare provider if you have missed any of your doses, as this may affect any dose adjustments.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The drug will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- The results of certain thyroid blood tests
- Any other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Tirosint Dosage for more information.)