Sitagliptin and Metformin Extended-Release
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Had pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Congestive heart failure or other heart problems
- A history of a heart attack or stroke
- Plans for a surgery or medical procedure, including x-rays or procedures where you will be given an injection of dye or contrast agent
- A condition called metabolic acidosis or have had diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine)
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- A history of alcoholism or if you drink alcohol often
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Janumet XR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Janumet XR and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.