Precautions and Warnings With Pioglitazone and Metformin
Precautions and warnings with pioglitazone and metformin include possible drug interactions to look out for, potential side effects that may occur, and information on who should not take the medicine. The drug may cause increased liver enzymes, lactic acidosis, or fluid retention. Precautions and warnings with pioglitazone and metformin also extend to people who are allergic to any ingredients of the drug, have kidney disease, or are seriously dehydrated.
Interested in a Discount on Pioglitazone and Metformin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking pioglitazone and metformin (Actoplus Met®) if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially congestive heart failure (CHF)
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays and other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are having problems getting pregnant
- Are premenopausal without regular menstrual periods
- Drink alcohol.
In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.