Precautions and Warnings With Pioglitazone and Glimepiride
An awareness of precautions and warnings with pioglitazone and glimepiride can help ensure a safe treatment process. Possible side effects include macular edema, increased liver enzymes, or low blood sugar. Precautions and warnings with pioglitazone and glimepiride also extend to people with certain medication conditions, such as heart problems, kidney problems, or liver problems. Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking to avoid drug interactions.
Interested in a Discount on Pioglitazone and Glimepiride?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking pioglitazone and glimepiride (Duetact®) if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Heart problems of any kind, especially congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Adrenal insufficiency or adrenal fatigue
- Pituitary gland problems
- An upcoming surgery
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD deficiency)
- Any allergies, including allergies to sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Having problems getting pregnant
- Premenopausal without regular menstrual periods.
In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.