Endocrine System Home > Sitagliptin
When and How to Take SitagliptinGeneral considerations for when and how to take sitagliptin include the following:
- Sitagliptin comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth once a day.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If sitagliptin bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- The tablets may be broken or crushed if necessary.
- Your dose should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Sitagliptin will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosage InformationThe dose of sitagliptin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.