Endocrine System Home > Repaglinide
Drug Interactions With RepaglinideRepaglinide can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Drug Interactions With Repaglinide).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking repaglinide if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Adrenal insufficiency or adrenal fatigue
- Pituitary gland problems
- An upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Prandin and Pregnancy)
Alternatives to This MedicineIn general, treatment for type 2 diabetes begins with lifestyle changes (for example, weight loss, exercise, and diet). If lifestyle changes alone are not effective in managing diabetes, medication such as repaglinide may be necessary.
To learn about controlling diabetes through lifestyle choices, click the following eMedTV links: