Endocrine System Home > Repaglinide and Metformin
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Repaglinide and Metformin?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking repaglinide and metformin if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays or other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see PrandiMet and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see PrandiMet and Breastfeeding).
Dosing InformationThe dose of repaglinide and metformin that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.