Endocrine System Home > NovoLog Mix 70/30
- This diabetes medication comes in injectable form. It is injected just under the skin (subcutaneously) twice a day immediately before the morning and evening meals (within 15 minutes before you start eating).
- Your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to inject the medication. NovoLog Mix 70/30 can be injected into the skin and fat layer of the abdomen (stomach), upper arm, or thigh. Choose one of these three areas, and rotate injection sites within your chosen area.
- NovoLog Mix 70/30 comes in vials and FlexPen® pen injection devices. To use the pen devices, you will need specific types of needles known as "pen needles." Each time you inject this drug, you need to use a new needle. To use NovoLog Mix 70/30 from the vial, you will need insulin syringes (with needles).
- NovoLog Mix 70/30 comes as a suspension that settles between doses. You must "resuspend" the insulin before each injection. To do this, roll the FlexPen 10 times horizontally between your hands, then shake it 10 times. To resuspend the vial, roll it 10 times horizontally between your hands. Make sure the insulin is uniformly white and cloudy before injecting.
- Never mix NovoLog Mix 70/30 with any other insulin in the same syringe.
- For this diabetes drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. NovoLog Mix 70/30 will not work if you stop taking it. Make sure to monitor your blood sugar levels as your healthcare provider recommends.