Endocrine System Home > Glucophage
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Glucophage if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays and other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Metformin and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Metformin and Alcohol).