Endocrine System Home > Glimepiride
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Adrenal insufficiency or adrenal fatigue
- Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD deficiency)
- Pituitary gland problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Amaryl and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be having surgery.