Endocrine System Home > Side Effects of Exenatide
Common Side Effects of ExenatideExenatide has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, with many people having been evaluated. In these studies, the side effects occurring in a group of people taking the drug are documented and compared to the side effects that occur in a similar group of people not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
- Nausea -- occurring in up to 44 percent of people
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), when used in combination with other diabetes drugs -- in up to 35.7 percent (see Byetta and Blood Sugar)
- Vomiting -- in up to 13 percent
- Diarrhea -- in up to 13 percent
- Feeling jittery -- in up to 9 percent
- Dizziness -- in up to 9 percent
- Headache -- in up to 9 percent
- Upset stomach or heartburn -- in up to 6 percent.