Drug InteractionsGlucotrol can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Drug Interactions With Glucotrol).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Glucotrol if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Adrenal insufficiency or adrenal fatigue
- Pituitary gland problems
- Narrowing or strictures in the digestive tract
- Any allergies, including allergies to sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Glucotrol During Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have an upcoming surgery.
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Glucotrol to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)