Glucophage Side Effects
Other Glucophage Side EffectsSome Glucophage side effects occurred in 1 to 5 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these possible side effects include but are not limited to:
- Taste changes
- Abnormal stools
- Muscle pain
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Difficulty breathing
- Nail problems
- Increased sweating
- Flu-like symptoms, such as fever, muscle pain, chills, and weakness
- Flushing (a reddening of the skin, especially in the face)
- Feelings of a forcefully or rapidly beating heart (heart palpitations).
You can read about specific side effects seen with Glucophage in the following eMedTV articles:
- Metformin and Erectile Dysfunction
- Metformin and Hair Loss
- Metformin and TSH Levels
- Glucophage and Weight Loss
- Metformin and Contrast Medium.