When and How to Take GlimepirideSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Glimepiride comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth once daily.
- It should be taken with breakfast. If you do not eat breakfast regularly, you should take glimepiride with the first main meal of your day.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For glimepiride to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dose of glimepiride your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Glimepiride Dosing for more information.)
(Click Drug Interactions With Glimepiride for more information.)