General Exenatide Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking exenatide include:
- Exenatide comes in an injection form. It is given just under the skin of the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm. Make sure your healthcare provider shows you exactly how to inject exenatide.
- Exenatide should be injected twice a day, before the two main meals, at least six hours apart.
- Exenatide should be injected within 60 minutes before the meal. It should not be taken after the meal or more than 60 minutes before the meal.
- If possible, exenatide should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the diabetes medication in your blood.
- If you do not take your exenatide as scheduled, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take exenatide after a meal, and do not take a double dose of exenatide.
- Make sure your healthcare provider demonstrates exactly how to inject exenatide.
- For exenatide to work properly, you have to use it as prescribed. Exenatide will not work if you use it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to exenatide or your exenatide dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking exenatide without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.