People who take too much Armour Thyroid may have overdose symptoms that can include:
- High blood pressure
- A rapid heart rate
- Heart palpitations
(Click Armour Thyroid Overdose for more information.)
If you forget to take your Armour Thyroid dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose. Each time you get your blood tests to monitor your thyroid function, be sure to tell your healthcare provider if you have missed any doses, as this may affect any dose adjustments.
The tablets come in the following strengths:
- Armour Thyroid ¼ grain (15 mg)
- Armour Thyroid ½ grain (30 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 1 grain (60 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 1½ grain (90 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 2 grain (120 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 3 grain (180 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 4 grain (240 mg)
- Armour Thyroid 5 grain (300 mg).
Currently, several different generic versions of Armour Thyroid are available, although there is no way to know whether they are really equivalent to Armour Thyroid, since none of these products are approved by the FDA.
(Click Generic Armour Thyroid for more information.)