Armour Thyroid Dosage
Considerations for people taking Armour Thyroid include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken once a day.
- Although the prescribing information for Armour Thyroid does not mention this, it is best to take your dose on an empty stomach, 30 to 60 minutes before a meal.
- Since the tablets contain ground-up pig thyroids, they have a characteristic odor that many people consider unpleasant.
- Your healthcare provider will adjust your Armour Thyroid dosage based on certain blood tests. Tell him or her if you have missed any of your doses, as this may affect any adjustments.
- Try to take Armour Thyroid at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Armour Thyroid will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Armour Thyroid, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.