Actoplus Met XR
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much Actoplus Met XR may have symptoms that include:
- Low blood sugar
- Lactic acidosis, due to the metformin in Actoplus Met XR (see Metformin and Lactic Acidosis)
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Muscle pain
- Trouble breathing
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Feeling cold
- Slow or irregular heartbeat.
If you happen to overdose on this drug, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Actoplus Met XR Overdose to learn more.)
How Should Actoplus Met XR Be Stored?Actoplus Met XR should be stored at room temperature away from moisture and heat. The tablets should be kept in an airtight container.
Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you do not take your Actoplus Met XR as scheduled, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- Actoplus Met XR 15 mg/1000 mg tablets (containing 15 mg pioglitazone and 1000 mg metformin)
- Actoplus Met XR 30 mg/1000 mg tablets (containing 30 mg pioglitazone and 1000 mg metformin).