Actoplus Met XR
When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Actoplus Met XR include the following:
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth, usually once a day with the evening meal.
- It is best to take Actoplus Met XR with food in order to prevent stomach upset.
- Actoplus Met XR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, chew, or crush them, as this will cause too much medication to be released too quickly.
- Each tablet has a tiny hole in it. This is normal and is part of the extended-release mechanism.
- For this product to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for Actoplus Met XRThe dosage of Actoplus Met XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Actoplus Met XR Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Actoplus Met XR. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
The most common side effects of Actoplus Met XR include:
- Upper respiratory tract infections (similar to the common cold or flu)
- Swelling or water retention (edema) of the lower leg or ankle
- Weight gain (see Actoplus Met XR and Weight Gain)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI).
(Click Actoplus Met XR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)