Actoplus Met XR and Weight Gain
Treating Gradual Weight Gain With Actoplus Met XRIf you are noticing gradual, unexplained weight gain while taking Actoplus Met XR, there are some things that you can do. Suggestions include:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include heart-healthy foods, such as:
- Fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Limit foods with saturated fats, trans-fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Get regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limit your intake of alcohol.
If the problem continues, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with this and may look for other causes, such as certain types of medical conditions. Your healthcare provider may also recommend other lifestyle changes or possibly switch you to another diabetes medication.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)